Chapter: 11 Invitation
The next day was back to normal. I went home early so that I could get started
with my practise sessions with James.
Before I left Alex gave me my ipod and docking station back. He had loaded it with all of his and Lizzy’s
favourite music and there was lots of room left for me to add more if
needed. The next few weeks flew
past. Midterm exams had come and gone
and finals were fast approaching. I was
in a routine and I enjoyed that. One day
just before midterms Lizzy handed me an invitation.
“What’s this?” I asked questioningly.
I saw Will and Alex leaning against their lockers watching for my
response.
“We’re having a Halloween costume party and your invited, it’s on
Halloween night because it’s actually finally on a Saturday. Its lots of fun, everyone dresses up and we
always have a competition for best male and female costumes. It’s like a huge
dance. You have to come, it wouldn’t be
the same without you and it will be your first official dance. PLEASE” she looked at me with wide pleading
eyes, she was impossible to refuse when she did that.
“Sure I’ll go.” I replied smiling at her.
“I guess I had better see if I can go with James to the city this
weekend to get a costume. I can’t go as
just anything. I want to make sure that none
of you can figure out who I am.” I smirked.
“No fair, you have to tell me what you’ll be.” she insisted.
“No I don’t, it’ll be a surprise.” I beamed at her. She knew that I wouldn’t give in.
Alex and Will nodded to each other smiling.
“What are they up to?” I asked Lizzy rolling my eyes.
“They’re taking bets on what you’re going to go as.” she laughed.
“What are their ideas?” I said shaking my head.
“Will thinks you’ll go as a sexy kitten or a witch, Alex figures a
martial artist or a fairy.” she replied.
“Well they’re both wrong.” I smirked. I knew exactly what I was going to go as. I was going to turn myself into Selene from
the Underworld movie. No one would
recognize me by the time I was done.
Besides I wanted to see what effect that outfit would have on Alex and
Will. They deserved a bit of their own
medicine. It was my turn to tease them
instead of always the other way around.
When I got home after school James and Stephan
were talking about their trip to Toronto .
“James would it be ok for me to tag along, I
need to get a costume.” I asked with a smile.
“A costume for what?” he looked at me quizzically.
“Lizzy invited me to a costume Halloween party on the thirty first, I
want to make sure that my costume is something none of them would think of or
that anyone would recognize me.” I stated with a smile.
“This party is pretty wild. We
hold it every year and it gets better and better. You’ll love it Anna.” Stephan smiled.
“Well we’ll be leaving Friday morning so you’ll have to get all your
homework done before we leave is that an okay condition?” James smirked at me.
“No problem, I’ll get everything I need tomorrow. Thank you James.”I smiled.
I went to my room to start a list of what I
would need. I need to get a corset and a
long black pleather jacket as well as that black one piece body suit that
Selene wears. I went online to search
for the right stores so that I could make out a simple shopping rout. I was looking forward to this trip it would
be fun to spend some time getting to know James and Stephan better.
Thursday went by quickly I got all my
assignments for the weekend from my teachers and rushed home to get it all
done. Lizzy was pouting because I
wouldn’t tell her where I was going to shop. I didn’t want her to get any ideas
of what I was going as, it was bad enough that Stephan would know or at least
have an idea.
We left early Friday morning it was a four hour
drive to the city and James had a meeting around noon. We were planning on spending the night at the
Hilton hotel right down town which was perfect as two of the stores I wanted to
go to were within walking distance of the hotel.
The first store I went to was for the
boots. I needed to find the right kind
and this place had a great variety.
Thank goodness they were on sale, black calf boots with a bit of a heel
and silver and black buckles along the sides.
The second store I went to had the contacts and the wig I wanted. I took my purchases back to the hotel and got
ready to go to one of my final destinations on Young Street .
“Where are you headed now?” Stephan asked
politely.
“There’s a store I want to go to on Young. They have the rest of what I need I think.” I
replied.
“Do you mind if I come with you?” he asked.
“Sure if you want to but you can’t tell anyone
what I’m going as, you’ll know once we get to the store.” I said worried.
“I promise I won’t tell any of them.” he
laughed a soft enticing musical sound, it was so beautiful.
We took a taxi to the store in question. Stephan raised an eyebrow at me as we walked
into the store.
“What you’re going as a dominatrix?” he eyed me
carefully.
“NO!” I rolled my eyes at him.
A pretty young girl was behind the counter, she
smiled “Can I help you.”
“Yes I called yesterday and asked you to put
aside a few items. My name is Anastasia.” I smiled back.
“I have them right here.” she handed me the one
piece body suit and the corset.
“Would you like to try them on first?” she
asked politely.
“Yes thank you.” I replied. I went into the change room and put on the one
piece suit first and then the corset. I
walked out of the dressing room and Stephan’s eyes bulged and his mouth fell
open slightly. I smiled.
“Now remember you can’t tell anyone that I’m
going as Selene.” I giggled flattered at his response to the outfit.
“You are going to be in so much trouble. Alex and Will are going to have heart attacks
with the rest of the guys and all the girls will never forgive you.” Stephan
said shaking his head.
“That’s the idea Stephan. Alex and Will abuse me with all the teasing
to get me to blush I think it’s about time that I give them a taste of their
own medicine.” I replied.
“You go girl” the shop clerk said with a smile.
Stephan just shook his head slowly and nodded.
“Your right they deserve it. Lizzy and
Alex will never get this one out of me, even if I have to take off until the
party.” he laughed and the sound of his intoxicating laughter filled the
shop. I went back into the dressing room
and changed back into my clothes. I paid
for my purchases and then we went to grab something to eat.
“Aren’t you hungry?” I asked.
“No I’m good, you go ahead, my treat.” he
smiled. I nodded and ordered a
salad. I ate quickly as I had one more
item to pick up before we went back to the hotel.
“I need to get a trench coat like hers, have
any ideas were I could get that?” I asked.
“Sure, there’s a store that sells that kind of
stuff not far from here, do you have the gun and belts that she wears at home?”
he asked with a smile.
“No I don’t, I forgot to look that stuff up.” I
wrinkled my nose in disappointment.
“Don’t worry I know a place we can go to,
you’ll be pretty authentic looking too.
I can hardly wait to see the look on Alex and Will’s face when you come
through the door. You do realize they’re
going to go crazy. You’ll have every guy
in your school fantasizing about you.” he smirked.
“No they’ll be fantasizing about a character
not me.” I smiled back. Stephan was a
really nice guy now that I’ve gotten a chance to talk to him. He was relatively quiet most of the
time. His long dark hair and liquid
golden hazel eyes were devastatingly beautiful.
His pale skin was almost luminous on this cloudy day on the streets of
the city. I was happy to have him around
it was nice to get his opinion on my costume.
We went to the other store’s he suggested and I got the rest of the
things I needed for my grand costume entrance.
I even got a really cool pair of sunglasses to hide my eyes and give a
bit more of a dramatic look.
On Monday everyone was buzzing about the party
and deciding what costumes to wear.
Everyone was trying to outdo each other.
I sat back and smiled as Lizzy glared at me across our table.
“Stephan won’t tell us anything he decided to
go up north for a few days so we can’t get it out of him. This is so not fair. Why won’t you tell me?” she complained
pouting.
“Because I want you to get the full affect of
the costume and I want to see the look on the guy’s faces when I walk through
that front door. I’m sure I’ll be very
entertained as will you I’m sure.” I smiled mischievously.
“But I won’t know who you’ll be dressed as?”
she whined.
“Trust me, you’ll know by Alex and Will’s
reaction I promise.”I replied. She knew
I wouldn’t give in. I really wanted this
to be a surprise.
No comments:
Post a Comment